Should you be interested in the latest amendments to the German Patent Act (Patentgesetz, PatG), you may have a look at our ksnh::law blog, where we provide an introduction in both English and German:
- Selective Amendments to the German Patent Act Adopted by Federal Cabinet
- Bundeskabinett verabschiedet Gesetzesentwurf zur Novellierung patentrechtlicher Vorschriften und anderer Gesetze des gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes
- After the introduction of the electronic case file system ElSA at the GPTO the Amendment clears the path for public access to the electronic ElSA files, not less than 9 years after the EPO introduced online file inspection.
- In future, the search report will provide a full opinion on patentability (novelty, inventiveness, etc.).
- The term for filing a translation of application documents filed in a foreign language is prolonged from 3 to 12 months, in case the application is filed in English or French.